How to Enrol
We welcome new enrolments to our Kura. To support a smooth transition to Pekapekarau School, we meet with the whānau of all new enrolments. If you haven’t been to our school before, you are invited to visit and our Tumuaki Tuarua (Deputy Principal) will show you around and you can ask any questions that you may have.
The Pekapekarau School Board have an enrolment scheme in place which means that anyone that lives in our zone can automatically enrol to attend here. To check our zone click here. You may need to enter Pekapekarau School in the search box.
For your information, our Enrolment Guide is below.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Parents and whānau are welcome to apply for an out of zone enrolment. To do this contact our school office and ask for an out of enrolment pack, you need to explain you are seeking an out of zone enrolment.
The Board will consider your application based on the criteria below. You can also include a letter to the Board explaining why you want your child(ren) to come to Pekapekarau and previous school records if you have them, to help the Board make an informed decision.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- The first priority This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
- The second priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- The third priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- The fourth priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- The fifth priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- The sixth priority will be given to all other applicants.